Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't rcp to another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo23

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hello,

I intalled Solaris 8 on a test server I have and named the server "eagle".... We have another server running solaris 6 which is in production and its name is "galaxy" I'm try to use the rcp copy command to copy some personal files to the new Solaris 8 server "eagle"... I keep getting the following message...."Permission Denied".... I thought I added the new solaris 8 server "eagle" and the IP address to all the various files but for some reason I'm getting the Permission Denied error.... Although I can rcp file(s) from the Solaris 8 new server "eagle" to the old solaris 6 "galaxy" server without any problems or errors... I checked to make sure I added the Solaris 8 Server to the /etc/hosts and /etc/hosts.equiv files. I can ping the server etc.... Can some help me out... I must be missing something...

Thanks
Angelo

Try this,

On host1:

create .rhost file under (root) /

#vi /.rhost
host2.domain.com root

On host2:

#vi /.rhost
host1.domain.com root

Status
Not open for further replies.