Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Print watermarks with W2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egiallombardo

Programmer
Jun 18, 2001
US
Ever since I've upgraded some of my systems to Win 2K Pro, the users have been unable to use watermarks by going to the File-Print-Properties-Effects-watermark, the Edit button is grayed out and though they can select a watermark, but it will not print. It happens on both office 2k and office 97 with Win2k pro but works fine on the Win 95 boxes. I have tried printing to 3 different printers to no avail so it appears to be a Word issue. I am able to use wordart to create the watermarks but this is much more of a pain(especially when it comes to training users), than it should have to be. Has anyone else experienced this and/or found a work around? Thanks.

Unfortunately, Word is not at fault here, but your printer driver probably is.

Because File-Print-Properties-Watermark takes you to a watermarks property in a printer (and not in Word); the only printer I'm sure of is the HP6, but there are others with the watermark capability. You probably need to update/change the printer drivers to make this become available....OR perhaps you've gotten rid of the printers? Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
techsupportgirl@home.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back