Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't print UWS or shift report from WS5A

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrossko

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2022
IE
Hi,

I'm using MICROS3700 ver 5.4 (build 5.4.0003.2219) and sucessfully using MICROS workstatin model 610 (win 8 based). recently, we have replaced two 610s with older WS5A. However, this model is WinCE based (not win32 like model 610). I have managed to reinstall machines and with minor adjustments to the backend all works fine, except two issues:

Issue No.1: During the installation of WS5A (after the CF is wipped out and registry cleared with WCF utility), i do not have the list of all available WS. I can select the server, but in the next step the list of available WS is empty. I do not have this issue with installation on WS model 610. (to bypass this issue I manually put in hostname and IP address of WS)

Issue N.2: After installation the WS5A, everything seems to works as normal, except I cannot print any Shift/UWS/Revenue reports from the WS. I do not have this issue with WS running on MICROS model 610 where I'm able to print (through local thermal printer) end of shift report directly from WS. When I attempt to print for a brief moment I see msg: "Running Report - One moment please", but after that nothing happend (no print). There is no error msg of any sort, and I cant figure out why the report is not printing. As I mentioned I do not have this issue if I print report from 610machine.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back