Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't print remotely for pcAnywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wong38

MIS
Sep 29, 1999
CA
I'm using version 8.02 of pcAnywhere. I have added remote printer on the HOST computer, but still not able to print. Error message came back saying <br>
<br>
&quot;Cannot print &lt;file name&gt; file. Be sure your printer is connected properly and use Control Panel to verify that the printer is configured properly.&quot;<br>
<br>
Please HELP!!<br>
<br>
THANKS.

You will notice that when you set up a remote printer you will have a NEW printer port on the remote computer, you must install the correct type of printer on that port and set that for your printing.

hi I just setup the same thing here and had alot of problems with an hp4050 its the hp software that is the problem. i just set it up as a plain old hp4l and all the problems went away. You cant use a jet direct card either. you have to hang it off of a machine. and share it on the network and make it the default printer of the remote machine. on the host you have to add the pcanywhere remote printer virtual port. and then make a local printer on the host machine attatched to the pcanywhere port. then you make that printer default. and you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back