Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't print multiple copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

philrock

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
US
I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. My printer is a Brother MFC-6490CW.

Before I contacted Brother about this problem, I could only get one copy of a printout at a time, no matter how many copies I told any application to print. Brother said, as a work-around, I should change a setting in Printer Properties from "Spool print documents..." to "Print directly to printer." See this page that Brother sent me to:

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.brother-usa.com/FAQs/Solution.aspx?FAQID=200000018857[/url]

It works, to the extent that I can now print multiple copies, however, the application now gets tied up until printing has finished. Note that at the top of the referenced page it says,

"This issue is likely caused by a damaged Print Processor, which is a component of the operating system and not a part of the Brother printer driver."

I'm inclined to believe this. Any ideas on a real fix for this? How does one fix a damaged Print processor?

Here is some background reading on print processors

Try using your install CD and click on repair when the option pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back