Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant print after 530???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTmtnbkr

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi,

Have a network wwith 3 printers all static IPs.

All of a sudden 2 of them will not print at vertain times of the day. Meaning after ~530 pm, noone can print to them, and they will start wotrking again at ~9am. The other network printer works just fine.

Any clues as to why this is happening? They were all working fine for months. This just started happening.

The only thing I have done on the server is to apply all security updates via windows update

Also...to add to the detail. This only affects 2 users. One os in the administrator group and the other is a domain user.

Ive checked the printer properties and they are available all the time.

Is there anything ekse that may be causing this?

Has anyone modified the user account logon times? Although a user's computer session is still active if their account logon time has been cut off then access to network resources (e.g. file and print sharing) can be cut off.

Hi,

No...the user accounts have not been modified.

Both computers are running XP Pro SP2. Could this be an issue? I kind of ruled it out because they had been ok (1 for a month or so, the other for a week). Then the problem started.

Could this be a windows firewall issue? If so, why would it start a while after it was installed.

thanks
Tom

Are they connected to a hub/switch powered by a switched outlet?

Hi CTmtnbkr

Try changing machine around, eg you have the broken one and give yours to the effected user... see if it follows the machine.

I had a similir issue, put a brand new machine in and it fixed it... This was in the morning around 06:30 though! (hence i didnt get to the bottom of it)

paulj

They are connected to a hub(they both have internal print servers). They are not connected to a switched outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back