Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't play DVD's 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skildner

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
US
All of the sudden I can't play DVD's anymore. When I try and play DVD's in Win Media Player it says "Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter." In Interactual DVD player it says "Playback failed due to a problem with the video subsystem. Lowering your screen resolution or color depth may fix the problem". I have tried changing all the display settings my laptop has with no results. I tried reinstalling the video driver and nothing happened. I also installed the latest directx drivers and the problem continues. What is wrong with my laptop (Compaq Presario 2800, 1.4Ghz P4, 384Ram, ATI 7500 video)? What can I do to fix this?

Are they new DVD's that you are playing or is it an old DVD?

I have a Philips 880 DVD Recorder and when I first had it, it worked fine, but recently I tried to play certain DVD's and it wouldn't play them.

I found that it would not play the multilayered DVD's only the single layer DVD's.

I had to return it to Philips for a firmware update.

DVD software should have come with your laptop, install that and see if it will play DVD's.

Also go onto the manufacturer of your DVD Player and also video card and get the latest drivers for both devices.

Have you got a DVD player software installed like Power DVD or WinDVD? If not that might be the problem. Windows Media Player require some plugins and codec's to play DVD movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back