Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't ping wireless gateway but can access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouttime

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2010
US
I have a netgear wnr2000v3 connected to bridged modem. I have 2 laptops that connect to internet but can not connect to wnr2000v3 setup webpage. Laptops can not ping default gateway set at 192.168.1.1. I also added wireless hp printer that is connected to wireless network but is not accessable by laptops.
I can connect to wnr2000v3 using a ethernet cable connected directly between laptops and wnr200v3.

laptop1 (windows vista) -- wnr2000v3 --- internet
laptop2 (windows 7) --wnr2000v3 --- internet
wireless hp printer -- wnr2000v3
computers can not ping each other or wnr2000v3 but can access internet

Check your ip's on each device and make sure they are correct and the router is handing the right addresses and default gateway . If you are trying to ping devices you have to make sure you have the windows firewall or any external firewalls turned "off" on the pc's or you wont be able to ping the device. They should be able to get to the setup page wired into the router, they generally do not recommend you setup the router thru a wireless connection . As far as the printer that sounds like a setup issue, you should be able to ping the printer .

bouttime said:
netgear wnr2000v3
The default gateway on a Netgear is 192.168.0.1 - unless you've changed it.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back