Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't ping specific address in RH8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2001
US
I've got a new Dell Latitude C840 with the Truemobile 1150 WiFi card which seems to be working fine except that I can't ping 10.1.0.21

The laptop is a dual boot Win2K and RH8 and it has a wired ethernet port also. I can ping 10.1.0.21 from the Win2k side WiFi & wired. I can ping 10.1.0.21 from the RH8 side wired but not WiFi. I can ping 10.1.0.20 OR 10.1.0.22 but not 21 from WiFi.

I've tried this with an Apple AirPort (original Graphite) and with the new AirPort Extreme - same results

I've tried DHCP and static addresses and it doesn't make a difference.

The system has been reinstalled 3 times from different disks.

Anyone ever seen anything like this ?

Thanks!

I suggest to call an exorcist.

Or check the whole thing again... you are really able to ping 10.1.0.20 via WiFi, 10.1.0.21 via cable and not via WiFi? are you using the same IP's for these connections (ie your tp cards have the same ip as WiFi cards) ? You can try to run tcpdump and see if some packets are doing it to 10.1.0.21... Try to check 'arp -an', if there is at last some connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back