Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't ping ELAN address 137.135.128.243 which is an alternate call server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickyspring

Technical User
Oct 4, 2013
US
I have two remote cabinets off of a CS1000 and i'm not able to backup the alternate server and can't ping the IP address 137135.128.243. I'm getting error SRPT4639 FPT to 137.135.128.243 failed on "open session". CODE 1.

Tried to ping the 137 address but failed.

Could be a whole bunch of things
1. Alternate CS is Down
2. IP address wrong
3. network issue
4. ??????

The cabinet is up, I can ping the MGC card of that cabinet but not the alternate call server IP. Now there was a change earlier this week where a second remote cabinet had the same ELAN address's as the the other, i changed that back so would i need to reboot the cabinet that i can't ping the address of ?

Just because you can ping the ELAN address of the MGC card doesn't mean the CS is up. The cabinet can run just fine off of the Primary CS with the Secondary being down. However, if you change the ELAN IP address on the CS then you will need to do an UPDATE DBS in LD 117 and then I would do an INI on that Call Server. You also have to make the ELNK ACTIVE with the correct HOST NAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back