Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't open Sorting and Grouping window

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalystDBA

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
AU
Hi All,

Can anyone help with this??
It may sound stupid but I can't open the sorting and grouping window in report design view.
I click on the sorting and grouping option on the toolbar and the report loses the focus but the Sorting and Grouping window appears to be hidden for some reason. I have also tried right clicking on a section in the report and then selecting Sorting and Grouping from the short cut menu and still nothing.
Does anyone know why this is so??

Cheers
AnalystDBA

No, I do not know why this is happening - but I can tell you that when this happened to me ( on Access 97 ) the only fix that the IT department could come up with was a complete re-image of the machine.

It worked fine after installing Office again, but the died when some other applications were installed over the top.

Have you recently installed new software onto your machine ?

G LS

Try Window -> Arrange Icons.

Particularly in earlier versions a 'window' within Ms. A. would get it's position set to 'far ago and long away'. Since it is a 'window', the reberance of it's place in the scheme of things is more-or-less automatically restored when invoked (or instantiated, which ever ...) The 'arrange icons' at least attempts to place all active thinggys in the viewport of the prog, thus setting the (*&^*^%@^%# window back to the 'here and now'.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back