Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't open project from Powercobol or Netcobol

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisdv

Programmer
Mar 26, 2005
GR
I have create a project with powercobol 7 and everything is ok.Suddenly without notice or something happened on my pc the project (xxxxx.ppj) won't open.I'll try to open another project and everything is ok.Only the xxxxx.ppj won't open.

Thanks for any suggestion or solving the problem.

There may be a chrashed instance of your Cobol IDE still in memory, blocking the file from being opened again. This should be resolved after a reboot, of after killing the hung process using TaskManager or Process Explorer.

HTH
TonHu

Thanks for the answer but i've make many reboots and the problem is still running.
Another message is ---- the object "Project Target" cannot be loaded. code=0x8000FFFF ---- (under windows xp pro sp3 and powercobol 9.0)

Possibly, the xxxxx.ppj has been corrupted by a system crash or some "operator error". . .

Hopefully, you have a backup copy.

You should have a backup copy (.PPJ~) rename this to .PPJ and it should open (the ~ is a copy before the last save).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back