Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't open PPS files'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim36320

Technical User
May 10, 2003
US
OS is Vista Home Premium. I am unable to open PPS files in windows mail. I have installed Powerpoint
Viewers,2003 and 2007, also went into the Registry and changed shell command from Show to Open, still no luck. The error I get is "Windows Cannot Find 'C;\users\jim\love.pps'.
This was a link in the e-mail I received and not an attachment. Any help I can get on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Jboy

This is a hardware forum, but here goes anyway.

If this is a link in an e-mail then it is pointing to a file on the e-mail senders hard drive (c:\users\jim\love.pps) which you don't have access to.

Whomever sent you this e-mail will need to resend it with this file as an attachment, or put the file on a publicly accessible web site and send you the link to that.

I hope you do know the sender as I would be suspicious of any unsolicited e-mail link / attachments, especially one named "love".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back