Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant open outlook 2010 pst file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2015
JO
I need help I have a problem with a pst file in outlook 2010, the file is 5.8 gb and is now corrupted when I try to open the file in outlook I get an error " outlook has detected errors in the file and cannot open" I tried scanpst.exe it recovers part of the file, can anyone help?

Try there is an on-line trial to see if it can fix your particular problems.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
[url=http://webmaster-talk.eu]Webmaster Forum

Manual guide to repair corrupt ms outlook data...

Exit Outlook, then click Start > Computer.

Browse to <drive>:\Program Files or, if you see a Program Files (x86) folder on the same drive, browse to that instead. For example, C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).

In the Search box, type Scanpst.exe.

If the search doesn't find Scanpst.exe, try searching in the alternative folder mentioned in step 2, above Program Files or Program Files (x86).

Double-click Scanpst.exe.

In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, enter the name of the .pst file you want the tool to check, or click Browse to select the file.

By default, a new log file is created during the scan. Or, you can click Options and choose not to have a log created, or to have the results appended to an existing log file.

Click Start.

Resources and knowledge to overcome .pst corruption...
Outlook Repair Toolbox

Exit Outlook"

But first make sure that Outlook is not set for 'Off-line mail collection'

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

scanpst won't work with a pst bigger than 2GB in size (well, not quite true; it can fix up pst header issues, but that's all it can do) - so, given that the OP mentions that their pst is 5.8Gb in size I wouldn't expects scanpst to fix anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back