Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't open MSWord app from Access 2000 db!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimtmelb1

Technical User
Sep 7, 2003
AU
Hi,

I have an Access 2000 database. I use the following code to open MS Word from within my Access database;

If blnAppOpen Then
Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
Else
Set appWord = New Word.Application
appWord.Visible = True
appWord.WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize
End If

Then i run some search/replace functions which all work fine.
It works fine on all versions of MSWord from MSWord 97 and above.
Only on some machines which seem to have MS Word XP 2002 the search/replace takes place but if you don't have MSWord open it doesn't open it for you. The document has been created but Word didn't open.
But there are machines with Word XP 2002 which it works fine and Word does open when closed.

On these few machines if Word is open they work like normal.

Does anybody know a reason why this could occur.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

This error occurs in excel as well. when you .quit the word object your just closing the created instance of word. The problem is your not closing the word.exe process, so when you open word again it gets confused. Try this: run your function, then close the word.exe process from the task manager, then open word manually. Let me know what happens
Read what i wrote about this same issue in excel, i somewhat solved it:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back