Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant open all my web pages,is it my modem or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LITLDB

MIS
Oct 2, 2002
US
i have A ROCKWELL 56K ACF11FAX+DATA+VOICE MODEM.IM ON WIN 98SE.WHEN I TRY TO GO TO CERTAIN WEBSITES ALL THE PAGES TO IT WONT OPEN.FOR INSTACE,YAHOO,I LOG ON,GO TO GAMES,PAGE COMES UP.SELECT A GAME THE PAGE COMES UP,PICK THE ROOM TO PLAY IN AND I GET A BLANK PAGE!!!!!!!!AND ITS NOT JUST THAT SITE SEVERAL OTHERS TOO!!!!!!!!!HERE FOR INSTANCE IT LETS ME GO TO ALL THE PAGES EXCEPT WHEN I CLICK ON YOUR WEB PAGE (WRITTEN IN BLUE AT THE END OF MOST ALL YOUR ANSWERS) IT GOES BLANK.IS THIS MY MODEM, OR DO I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM?PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU, LITLDB

litldb,

Check your Java and JavaScript settings in your browser. It is far more likely that you have a problem with the browser's configuration than with your modem. The modem does not actually interpret any of the data that you send through it after a connect (other than monitoring for the escape sequence).

Most of the blue links at the end of these pages perform a javascript function.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back