Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't open a QuarkExpress MAC file (I work in IBM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxon

Technical User
May 25, 2001
CA
Any suggestions? Also, what is QuarkExpress, I've heard that name many times... Is it more like Illustrator or Photoshop?

Thanks

Chantal

Try changing the files names so that they end in .qk

As for quark, its more "like" illustrator but is really in the page layout catagorie. Its for aranging all your Illustrator and Photoshop in multipage documents like books, magazines etc.

Sorry Jaquan but don't you mean .QXD.

I'm afraid Roxon that unless you have Quark on your PC you will be unable to open this file.

What do you need to do with the file ? If is just to veiw the pages then ask who ever sent you the Quark file to surply a PDF which you should then be able to read in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If not installed download from the internet. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

.qk is the set extension for QuarkXPress on my win2k box. I didn't know about the .qxd extension, what version of quark are you running?

4.11 on Apple/Win98/Win95/Win2000. .QXD has been the standard since version 3.11 for quark as far as I know. If you have a Quark file with no icon wack .qxd on the end and bingo.

Have not come accoss that before. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back