Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't map to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piqaboo

Technical User
Sep 27, 2000
US
Hi all,

After connecting to my ISP and then establishing my vpn connection, I get prompted for a username and p/word. After inputting the info, I get a message saying that I'm connected. I can see the other machines on server but I can't map the drive. Whenever I try to map, I get a box asking for my password- which it won't accept.

I have the appropriate permissions both on file and share. I am also running 98.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks! [sig][/sig]

Windows 9x does not give the option to log in using a different username. The only way I have found around this is to log into the Windows machine (on start up) with the same username as the credentials needed to access the remote resource.
Then, when it asks for a password, it will use the logged in name of the user, and the password supplied, and it whould let you in.

Good luck!
>:):O> [sig]<a href=mailto: anongod@hotmail.com> anongod@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back