Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't make international call

Status
Not open for further replies.

1brc

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
when dialling 9011xxxxxxxxxx we got error message G3.
Ichanged the ARS table and added 011xxxxxxxxxxxx thinking that if the complete number was there it would connect.
Well it didn.Can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to make an international call?

1brc---who is your long disntace carrier???/ I had to strip
the 011 when I go over SBC. Just a thought

It's MCI and my first thought was that it was their problem. They are now saying that something is set up wrong in the PBX. I am more familiar with Nortel and would know how to argue the point with them in my 61 but this Definity is a different story. Does Avaya give out spoken messages if there is a connection problem or does it only give out the reconnect tone? I ask because we were first getting a G3 message and I thought it was coming from the carrier.

Strip the 011. In your route pattern but a 3 under the no. delete digits field. If you have a backup co trunk then it is not necessary to stip any digits.

If that doesn't work. Run a list trace and paste your results here.

when ars call type is set to "intl" many carriers add 011 to the call. As several have already said, your calls are probably going out as "011-011". change "intl" to fnpa or strip 3 digits.

-CL

Hi
Try list ars route-chosen 0119876543210# you will see the ars analysis string chosen by Definity and route-pattern. Check the numbering plan of ars analysis and display route-pattern xx to check your digit handling.
Rgrds!

I agree with dimas. Make sure your FRL allows the call with whatever COR you are using. You should not need to strip digits because you're telling the carrier that when your system out pulses 011 it is for an international call.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back