Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Make Changes to a Report Created by Someone Else 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marycanyon

Technical User
Jan 4, 2008
US
When I try to add columns to a report created by someone else by hitting the "table columns" button I get a dialogue box that says "database error". So, I tried to use the "replace table" button and then I get a "SQL Execution Error - ORA-00936: missing expression".

Can anyone assist me in this matter? There were many reports created by my predecessor but I cannot change any of them and have to start from scratch.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mary

Charles,

Yes I can run the report I just cannot change it or look at which columns are selected, etc.

I have been having this problem since I started here four months ago and today I tried to open one of the sample reports you posted on this website and had the same problem.

Mary

I called them twice and left messages but never heard back from them.

I have run into something like this before and it was a userID security problem not a ReportSmith problem. But I don't know what the fix was.

You need to get on your ADP account reps but and get support to call you back. There is no need to waste time recreating the reports.

sorry I can't be more helpfull.

Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

I concur with Charles, replace table should work and if it is not, it sounds like you have an access issue. Hound ADP to get their Reportsmith help to call you back. Ask them to send a "hot" case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back