Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant make button on click open a new window

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddu1256

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2003
US
Right now I have a button that is linked to an FAQ for our website. Right now when you click on it, it opens up the faq page in the same window. We would like to make it open a new window to display the faq, preferable a popup window. Is there a way to do this? The code I have for the button now is

<input name="Button" type="button" onClick="MM_goToURL('parent','ChangeMe/new_member-signup_help.htm');return document.MM_returnValue" value="Click Here">

I tried changing where it says 'parent' to 'blank' but that doesnt work. Any help would be great.

maybe wrap it in <form></form>?

~*Gwar3k1*~
&quot;To the pressure, everything's just like: an illusion. I'll be losing you before long...&quot;

can you show us what the MM_goToURL() function looks like please?

Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

AAhh! the wonders of allowing something else to write your code! When it doesn't do what you expect you won't have a clue how to change it.

Seeing as it is all MM_ crap as generated by dreamweaver try the DW forum. forum248

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

The code effectively resolves to:

Code:
parent.location='ChangeMe/new_member-signup_help.htm';

I can't see any way to change your button to use the same funtion. This is a perfectly valid solution to your problem... just edit the button manually:

Code:
<input name="Button" type="button" onClick="window.open('test.html');return false" value="Click Here">

All the best,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back