Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Login (App Builder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttraider

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
US
I had to do a re-install on CallPilot 201i on NT4.0.
CP software version is 2.02. The CP is up and running and so is the voicemail. Install App Builder on another PC. I could ping the CP and also verify the IP address, but when I tried to login, it gives me an error: "Could not log in to AOS Server"

I have read throught the other threads, (concerning this error) but some of the stuff does not relate to NT4.0

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Have you checked the System Event Viewer of CP??

If there is a DCOM Error 10009 while you try to connct your Applicaton Builder then try the following at your client machine:

1. Select start > run > dcomcnfg
2. Select component services > computers > my computer
3. Right-click and select properties
4. Select the General tab and make sure the check box " enable DCOM on this computer" is checked
5. Select the default protocols tab and make sure " Connection Oriented TCP/IP" is selected and is on top of the list.
6. Click Apply and exit out of the dcomcnfg utility.
7. Restart the client pc.

Best regards,
Mike from Switzerland

Yes, I check the dcomcnfg, and it is enabled.
I finally reload the whole thing one more time and still came up with the same message. I brought in a different computer and load the app. builder and I was able to login. It was something on my laptopthat was preventing it to log in properly. However, I got a new problem, which I will post here shortly. After logging in, I can create new apps. I get a message "The system could not load the application from the server. Please check the connection and try again.

Kindly go through these steps mentioning below in callpilot server.

1. Go to Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy.
2. On the left pane select Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.
3. On the right pane find "DCOM: Machine Launch Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) syntax" line and double click on it.

4. Click Edit Security. Launch Permission window will appear.
5. Make sure that ANONYMOUS LOGON group is granted with Local Launch and Remote Activation permissions.
Grant them if necessary by selecting Add, Advanced, Find Now, and double clicking on ANONYMOUS LOGIN, then save your changes.
try that on call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back