Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant log on to owa from remote sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpw666

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
GB
I have a bit of a weird one.

Using Exchange 2003 OWA http.

Home users work fine and login no problems.

From within another company the login window appears and after typing credentials in 10 times, bits of the OWA screen kick in but nothing else.

I think its something to do with the credentials of the user at the remote site cocking up the OWA request.

Any clues or guidance would be much appreciated

Thanks

Dave

your problem may be with a firewall on the remote site...if they can log in from home okay, then something is preventing them from the work site...check points in between.

I was kind of hoping this was a known problem. Our Exchange server is in sunny manchester UK and I am currently in India. So asking them to check the firewall is kind of difficult.

Thanks anyway, its given me something to work with

Dave

Good point about the firewall.

One thing, are you putting in the username correctly?
ie jbloggs@domain.com
You can not just enter the username.
Hope this helps, otherwise def firewall issue.

You can use ExchUtil.EXE to troubleshoot OWA.

Originally intended as a utility for troubleshooting Outlook Web Access issues. This has grown into a tool that can aid in troubleshooting many CCC, Admin and Connectors issues. The goal was to generate a report that contains enough information for an engineer to troubleshoot the majority of configuration issues without overwhelming them with too much information.

you can get it from :

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/pss/tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/Exchutil/

Looks like it was a firewall / proxy server / exchange problem.

When logged in as the user at this end I tried to connect and asked for User:pass:domain as usual. The request was coming from the proxy server here although I was logging into OWA at other site.

The proxy here never asked for credentials for any other site.

The Exchange server is behind a Watchguard firewall not ISA.

I am now logged in locally accessing internet via an open proxy and its fine.

If anyone can tell me what to do with the Proxy here it would be much appreciated as I have this problem on other sites.

Thanks again for all your help

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back