Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't log on to domain thru router

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodLark

Programmer
Jun 6, 2000
US
I have set up an NT box as a router with one NIC at 10.0.1.12 and one at 192.1.1.12.  Our main network is the 192.1 side and connects to the internet thru a linux router at 192.1.1.29.  I can ping through the router in either direction, and I can see the domain PDC (it is also a DNS server) from the 10.0 side.  However, when I try to log into the domain from the 10.0 side, I get a message that no domain controller can be found.  I've worked with the Hosts and Lmhosts files with no success.  Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Have you tried implementing WINS ?<br>You should install WINS onthe 192.x side,<br>but don't forget to disable INS for one of the cards, because you will have problems when the server tries to register itself twice.Provide your client with the IP of the WINS server, make sure there is a default gateway AND the router is working, and this should work.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back