Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't log on remotely using Project Pro but can locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmidds

MIS
Jul 9, 2003
GB
Sorry for starting a new thread but my problem has evolved.

I have Project Server 2003 installed on Windows 2003. IIS is set to Intergrated Windows Authentication.

From an XP client I can't connect to the server using Project Pro 2003. I get the ' Project Server has returned an unexpected respose ' follwed by 'you are not authorised to view this page. Tou do not have permissions to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a header field that the Web Server is not configured to accept'

'HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
Internet Information Services (IIS)'

However from the sme XP client logged on as the same user I can connect to the server using the web client no problem.

My development is that I reinstalled Project Server and IIS and since then I have been able to access the Project Server using Project Pro from the server itself. This is logged in with the same user account.

This suggests network problems but DNS / WINS look ok and why would the Web client on the XP machine if there were network problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back