Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't log into VMPro client for UC Module 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDaglian

Programmer
Jun 21, 2010
US
I recently upgraded a customer to 8.1(52) and installed a UC Module. I was able to upgrade the UC Module to the latest release, and can navigate/log into it via the web portal using Administrator/Administrator. However, when I try to log into the VM Pro client to make changes using Administrator/Administrator, I get either "User login failed" (if I enter the IP address of the UCM in the "Unit Name/IP address" field) or "Failed to create remoting interface" (if I enter "uc-module" or the control unit IP address in the "Unit Name/IP address" field). I migrated the VM Pro files and callflows over using the backup function on the old Windows server (to a flash drive) and the restore function from that flash drive in the UCM. Voicemail is working fine, I just can't log into the VM Pro client (I have tried from multiple computers, including one I have used to program other UCMs with no issues). Neither the customer nor any service techs had changed the default login info when the VM Pro was on the Windows server, as the administration was always done via that same server and thus there never would have been a need to use a login/password. Any ideas?

I think there was no login created on the Windows server.
By default the Windows server does not have an administrator account created and i think the default one on the UCM is gone now.

Read this thread and fix your problem:

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It worked! Thanks. Star for you, to add to your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back