Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't load Hotmail Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelos

MIS
Apr 12, 2000
MX
I am having problems viewing my hotmail inbox, or for that matter any hotmail inbox. I can access any other web page, but when I try to log in to Hotmail, it never finishes loading the Inbox page, the only thing I see is a blank page and the progress bar at the bottom just stuck there. I'm wondering if this could be a virus or adware issue. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I'm running Win2K on a PIII 800mhz, 512 RAM

I have the same problem. For me, I can use Firefox to access my hotmail, but not my IE. It turned out to be a cookie issue. After deleting all my hotmail cookies from IE, I could visit it again just fine.

In my case, it was caused by not logging on for 30 days or something like that.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

Thanks Dan, I'll give it a try, hopefully this will solve my problem.

Rob.

Oddly enough I just had a client come in with the same problem on her laptop. She could access any site she wanted but hotmail. It would just show a blank page.
When I investigaed it was infact downloading a page and showing it. However, there was nothing in the page to show.

It ended up being that IE was blocking the javascript from the hotmail site and therefor couldnt load the page. I believe this happend due to an update but I cant be sure.

I found by just lowering the security levels in IE and making sure the JavaScript was enabled hotmail came up fine.

Maybe you problem is related.

I tried your solutions but nothing! Still have the same problem and couldn't figure it out, so I just opted for installing Mozilla Firefox and it worked fine. IExplore still has the bug, but at least I can access Hotmail from Firefox. I'll keep searching for an answer, still.

Thanks anyway...

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back