Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Load Drivers for Compaq 35/70 GB DLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fez

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2000
EU
I have a Compaq 35/70 GB DLT internal DLT drive on a Compaq ML530 server which I can't load the driver for.

Compaq support have advised that I should use softpaq SP4429 - which loads a Quantum DLT 7000 driver. This fails to load when the server is rebooted. If I try to manually start the driver from within 'devices' the following error message is displayed - Error 0020: The system cannot find the device specified.

Has anyone installed a Compaq 35/70 GB DLT successfully and if so which driver did you use?

Thanks

Fez

what OS do you have?

We just purchased a ML530-server and are using a DAT-tape for backup. The OS is SCO Openserver 5.0.5 and since the data is reaching the 4 Gb limit, a DLT sollution (Actually a Compaq DLT 35/70 Gb) is needed/prepared.

Let me know how it´s going.

We have successfully installed the same DLT-tapes on our other servers (Proliant 3000)
Nostradamus

I had the same problem. What we did was to install a secondary SCSI controller and connect the DLT drive to it. The drivers loaded fine with the secondary SCSI controller. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your replys.

It turns out that Compaq had supplied a drive with a new firmware release (which doesn't work). I have had 2 further drives from Compaq with the same problem.

Compaq have now supplied another 35/70 with firmware rev 1624 which works.

Hello,

I had a similar problem.It turned out that the scsi controller to which the dlt was attached wasnt installed in NT. I installed it and now it was able to find the DLT.

gtx
Paul

if you install arcserve it automatically loads the drivers needed and works fine

We have a Compaq 35/70 GB unit running with firmwareversion 2255. The SCSI-controller is a Compaq Wide Ultra type, with driver version 4.01.12.00 dated 13-12-1998.

This is installed with a Compaq supportpaq version 1.10A

Hope this get's you somewhere

succes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back