Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAN'T INSTALL PCI CARD ON HP ASUS A8N-BR MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mep591

Technical User
Feb 12, 2008
US
I have an HP model S7727c desktop computer that has an Asus A8N-BR motherboard. The motherboard has a built in Nvidia GeForce 6150LE video card. Since the MB has one available PCI slot, I bought an ATI Radeon X1300 PCI video card to use in place of the Nvidia card. There is no way to disable the onboard video card in Bios. I am running Windows Vista Home premium edition. When you go to windows device manager, it shows both the nvidia card and the ATI card. However, when you click on the properties tag for the ATI card, it says, " Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)." Additionaly, when I boot the system up and windows comes up, it displays another message that says "at least one display adapter on the system has been disabled because its driver is not compatable with the driver for the VGA adapter." Also, another message pops up that says "no ATI graphics driver is installed or the ATI driver is not functioning correctly." Is there any way to make the ATI video card work on this MB or am I screwed?

not without disabling the onboard video.

The active card (nvidia) has it drivers loaded to drive your windows display and those drivers aren't compatiable with the ATI.

You might be able to run another nvidia card though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back