Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't install NAV 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

bygeek

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2002
US
I'm trying to help a friend install NAV 2008. He had NIS installed, but it won't uninstall via Add/Remove Programs. I downloaded and ran the Norton Removal tool numerous times both in normal and in safe mode. I disabled all programs in startup. When tying to install NAV 2008, it immediately goes into an Uninstall routine, with no other options. Them the progress bar says "Initializing", and it hangs.

Hi bygeek,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

The first step I would advise you to take would be to run the Windows System Tools to correct any problems with the hard drive on this machine.

Next, run Windows Update to make sure that the system has the latest updates applied.

There is the possibility that the Norton removal tool that you downloaded became corrupted and therefore did not properly remove the other Norton products that were installed. Please click on the following link to download the tool again and make sure that you choose the correct Norton product from the list on the page:

Norton Removal Tool and Instructions

Run the Norton Removal Tool, then restart the computer. Log back into Windows and then run the removal tool a second time. Restart the computer again after it has completed running the second time.

Make sure that the internet connection is active on this computer and then try installing Norton AntiVirus again. Towards the end of the installation, LiveUpdate will run and download and install the latest program and definition files.

Please let me know if you were successful at installing Norton AntiVirus 2008 after following this procedure.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back