Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't install FR2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiko

MIS
Apr 17, 2002
DE
Between the installation from FR2 i get the following error message and the installation stops. What can I do to resolvre the problem.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11720
Date: 24.05.2002

Time: 19:58:59
User: N/A
Computer: CCG2K84
Description:
Product: Citrix MetaFrame XP for Windows, Feature Release 2 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CTX_NFUSE_ConfigureAdminTool.1B7EF31F_FAB4_4A52_9C2C_760880C0AAF0 script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object Line 305, Column 1,

Are you using the Windows Installer 2.0? This is included in the FR. We also had some problems installing this and found that you need to use the 2.0 version rather than the version that comes with Windows. Mike Brown CCA

I have installed the windows installer 2.0 bevor. I have the problem with the installer

What language is your Windows 2000 installation? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I must admit that the package has installed smoothly on every FR2 server I've put together (approaching 100 now).

Maybe there's problem with your install package? Try downloading FR2 MSI from Citrix and do the install again. FR2 gives me a message if I haven't got MSI installer 2.0 on my servers, and gracefully exits.

Try using the installer from this link;

Also, are your Windows 2000 servers at Service Pack 2? All of mine are, and have the latest security packs.

As a last resort, try installing FR2 without NFuse - maybe there's a problem with your IIS installation; permissions, maybe?

I hope this helps you. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I havn't and that is the version I have tryed to install on the server.

I have Windows 2000 with service pack 2 and that windows installer Version 2.0. And I have the problem anymore.

I'm having a simular problem trying to install FR2. I've tried both windows installers as have been recomended, but i'm still receiving an error "Incorrect command line parameters" from the installer (version 2.00.2600.2).
I'm also running W2k with Metaframe xpe
Anyone have any ideas??
thanks

Are you trying to do an unattended install of the FR2? I have managed to install it from the CD, Network, as well as an unattended install for the server setups.
Are you installing from CD?
If not, have you copied all the appropriate files to the network?

I won't ask the basics like user rights or anything, I assume you've already tried the basics.

I checked some resources and could not find this error in regards to Citrix.

MS Q295567, I know this isn't the same program, but may help...

Also, Q223300 is a procedure for logging of MSI installs, don;t know if this will help...
Good Luck, let us know... Mike Brown CCA

No i'm not doing an unattended install, down loaded FR2 from the web, and ran autorun to get the setup screen. selecting either the FR2 or the SP2 install gets the same error message from the installer.

Are you receiving this on all your Citrix servers or just a single one. Perhaps you got a bad download...not sure what else to check...anyone else have any ideas? Mike Brown CCA

I have the problem only on one citixserver. On our other two servers we have no problem with the installation.

Found the problem with Citrix's help, it has to do with how you launch the installation of FR2. If you have the CD version or download you can not use the autorun feature. the only way to install is run mfxp001.msi from the MFXP10FR2\MF folder. It worked for us, so we're all set
thanks all for your help.

I have the same problem but non of the tips above has helpt me.
We got 5 citrix metaframe server with Xpe (and windows2000) 3 of them works alright, no problems to install at all, 2 of them gets the same error message, error1720, i dont know what to do, i think i have tried all things.......help!!

/ Chris

I have the problem anymore too. Is it possible to reinstall teh "CTX_NFUSE_ConfigureAdminTool" because that is a part of the errormessage. What at earth is the Nfuse-Configure- AdminTool.

Hi

I got the same problem with 2 servers, i tried "everything".
Now i have installd the servers from the beginning (i have a good documentation) and now it works, but, i still wanna know what happend with these servers, the 2 outher we have has not this problems at all, and all of them have exactly the same configurations and applications installed.

If you don't have IIS installed on your W2k servers (and why would you, unless you were going to run NFuse), then NFuse won't install and give this message.

It's possible that you had IIS installed, but not active. NFuse then saw you had IIS, and attempted to install, then discovered that IIS wasn't running, so "panicked".

Just a theory.

CE CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I had the exact problem. I tried using UNC, uninstalling Java Runtime Environ 1.3.1, copying files to server, reapply MDAC 2.6SP1, updating permissions to CTX_NFUSE_ADMIN account with Users group (that is created by Citrix NFUSE???). It kept stopping the as well. Nothing seemed to work. The fix came after I started all IIS services, added the ADMINISTRATORS group to the CTX_NFUSE_ADMIN account and uninstalled the JRE 1.3. After that, it worked! Since I no longer got the errors in the security log, I think it was the adding of the ADMINISTRATORS group.

I don't have the CTX_NFUSE_ADMIN - Account on this server. How can I get this account back. I have installed Nfuse again, but I don't get this account.

I hope that is the problem on the other servers I have this account.

MSI-based installations may fail reporting Error 1720.
There are a few known possible causes of this error:

MSI file is hosted on a network share
While the installer user interface runs under the identity of the current user, the actual MSI installation script runs under the identity of the local computer system account. Therefore the installer can not access network shares unless they areavailable to both the user running the installer and to the local system account. On most systems, this means that network shares in the same domain will work, but network shares in other domains will not.

Should you encounter error 1720 when attempting to install an MSI package from a network share, first copy the MSI file to your local hard drive and then perform the installation locally.

Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service is disabled or can not be started
Check to ensure that the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) service is not disabled or configured to log in with an invalid account. The COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 18.1 or later from Microsoft (Q313582) may resolve problems with the MS DTC service:

COM catalog curruption on MetaFrame servers with remapped drives
If you attempt to install NFuse Classic 1.7 on a MetaFrame server where the server drives have been remapped, you will receive the 1720 error if the MetaFrame server COM catalog was not updated properly during drive remapping. In this case, you will also find COM+ errors in the event viewer with error ID 4097. See CTX240747 for more information about this error.

Jamiepetrie@wea.ac.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back