Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't insert floppy into a-drive 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemtn

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
US
The gray flap on my A drive seems to be hung up, or stuck, somehow, just on the right side, preventing me from inserting floppies. Tried to poke around but it won't budge. Any ideas?

Thanks much.

Seriously? Is this a common or normal thing to have happen? Thought there'd be a way to "convince" the flap to open.

If you would rather not purchase a new floppy drive then remove your current drive from your pc and take it apart and fix (this is very easy). The little flap just probably got stuck.

Are there instructions, maybe in a different forum, for those of us who are technically challenged :) on how to do this?

My point is that floppy drives are so cheap that it really isn't worth playing about with them.

rgds
Zeit.

Unless its a Compaq or one of those other flavors with the long funky eject button. Those are not cheap.

Well, honestly, aren't floppies prettty much useless nowadays anyway ?? This prompts a question on my part - does anyone know if there is a cable that will run from the back of a zip drive and terminate at the other end in the configuration needed to connect it to the floppy port ? Either that, or an adapter cable that accomplishes the same thing....I think using a zip drive on the floppy IDE would be a very cool thing to do, if possible. Just wondering...........

If your mobo allows it, you can boot from a Zip drive. Unfortunatly, Zip drives take a 40 pin IDE cable as opposed to a 24 pin floppy cable.

micker377,
You mean opposed to 34 pin....

Personally, I think that zip drives are becoming as usless as floppy drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back