Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant host anything with my router in line

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuppy

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
GB
ok i cant host anything with my router in line i have a linksys router using windows xp and have it linked to three comps i cant host rogerwilco or battlenet or even a netmeeting any one out there can help me ??? :O)

Try going into the administration page of the router.

Go to the Advanced Tab and then to Port Forwarding tab.

Forward the ports that the software runs on to the computer that you intend on performing as the server.

Hense, if you want computer 192.168.1.3 to host the rogerwilco chat you would forward port 2344 to 192.168.1.3. Now I don't know what port RogerWilco runs on, I just used 2344 as an example. If you look in RogerWilcos help files I'm sure you'll find it in there. I used to use it with my Linksys router and I think the information was in there.

I know RogerWilco doesn't work with some games. If your interested in a decent alternative try GameVoice by Micro$oft. ====================================
I love people. They taste just like
chicken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back