Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't hear external calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspenMan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2007
US
We have a Nortel CS1000 PBX. Lately we have been having problems hearing external calls. Sometimes we can't hear the external callers voice and sometime they can't hear ours. Sometimes it everything work fine. I have rebooted my PBX and main signalling server to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions? Other info - We have about 500 phones on 15 vlans with 3 PRIs, 3 branch offices. This issue has been intermittent but seems to be slowly getting worse.

When I had a similar problem, it turned out to be a faulty DSP on the Media Card, So I'd get 20+ VOIP calls with perfect speech, and then a number of oneway speech calls as it cycled through the Faulty DSP channnels. Until I got a replacement card, disabling the affected channels provided a interrim solution.

also, had an issue with inter VLAN routing, some phones had the wrong MASK (did not use dhcp) and default gateway was not used.

or the default gateway was wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back