Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Hear Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeknerd

MIS
Oct 16, 2006
Hello ,

I can't hear any audio in my laptop. I went to Volume icon and adjusted the Volume Control and still no action. Is there a way to uninstall the drivers I have and reinstall them ?

Thanks

What type of laptop do you have? Make sure in windows control panel, the speakers are not muted. run the speaker test to ensure they are working, if they are then the problem be with the program you are using

Computers are like a bag of hammers, they won't do a damn thing until you pick it up and SMASH something with it!!

I am using a Toshiba M45 series laptop. The speakers are not muted.

@BigBadBen Tried the Fn key and ESC key, but still doesn't work.

@Webrabbit How do I find the source of audio ?

thanks.........

Is it playing audio from a cd or a file on computer or from a website?
Have you checked Control Panel sound and audio and verified the default playback device is set to the sound card in the laptop?

Has sound ever worked on this laptop? Did something happen to stop it working?

Try plugging in a pair of headphones to check the jack socket is not faulty.

What does Device Manager say about the Sound installation? You may have a red cross or an exclamation mark against one or more of the audio devices. You should be able to obtain the correct audio drivers from the Toshiba website to enable reinstallation.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

As tlcscousin said, is it from a CD, the audio from a DVD movie, a file on your PC, or a website?

I have trouble with many DVD's not giving me audio while others do.

If I put headphones on I can hear the music. When I try to listen to a music cd without the headphones I can't hear the music since it's so low. I have the settings in Sound and Audio on high for the speakers and still it's low. If I go to a website like Youtube I also can't hear any sound.

@Goaoz- maybe I will have to reinstall the drivers from Toshiba as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back