Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get vertical alignment in modify window

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorituriMax

Technical User
May 5, 2008
US
I made a text box and when I try and center the text vertically by clicking modify > text, the vertical options and a few other options are "greyed out" and not usable.

How do I enable all the options in there?

Thanks for any information..

addendum: it seems to be something about text boxes with the rounded corners, just tried a regular text box and I could center text in it from modify > text, let me do the vertical alignment there no problem..

Weird.. I mean it doesn't look like merely having round corners should throw off QXpress's ability to center text.

Is this a known issue or normal behavior?

okay while I am here and if anyone reads this, is there a way to take some text in a text box and size the text so it fills the text box horizontally and vertically? I want it to fill the text box as much as possible, and am looking for how to do it, but so far haven't found any options to "size text to fill text box" etc.

Thanks again. Seems like Publisher, InDesign, and QuarkXpress all have features I like (that I as a noob can find) and are missing some that I cannot locate yet.

Arg!

...yes, rounded corner boxes don't allow you to centre text using the modify box, this is the same for indesign, and has always been the case...

...the workaround for indesign is here in a post i replied to recently:

...for quark, much the same soilution really, copy (using the item tool) and paste the square text frame into a rounded corner text frame (using the content tool) also known as an inline object...

...also filling text into a given box is very much a manual approach by way of paragraph alignment, type and style of font, size of font, indents needed etc...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back