Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get to one specific web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

awise

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2001
Users have been complaining that they can't get to a specific site. We have a win2k network with two DCs, one also acting as DNS server. I noticed in the DNS service, in the 'cached lookups'\.\com folder, that this site has a folder, but no records appear in the right pane. I found another site folder that did not have any records in the right pane, however, when I try to connect to this site, I can.

The site is a critical site for our business so this is quite a concern.

What does all this mean, what suggestions does anyone have to troubleshoot and or remedy this situation?

Thank you,

Andrew

Andrew again,
I forgot to mention that we were able to access this site previously. This behavior has been going on for about two weeks. There have been no known changes to dns or active directory setup.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Did you clear your cache, then flush the DNS from a test computer on your network and try again.

Yes, I cleared the cache. Once the cache is cleared, the site can be accessed. In it's cache\.\com\sitename directory there all all the necessary dns records. Later,
I try to access the site again, and I can't. When I check the cache directory ther are no dns records.??

This is an occurance for one specific site, otherwise, dns appears to be working correctly.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We have had issues in the past where one of our vendors had made changes to their website, and we could no longer access it. Turns out that we had to upgrade our browsers to newer version of IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back