Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get SCSI external drives to work on one system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff275

Technical User
Jan 31, 2006
US
I have two external SCSI drives that I cannot get our server to work with. They both come up fine on another server running the the same system (Win2K Server SP 4). Both servers are Dell's. The one they won't come up on used to work fine until I had to wipe the system. But I wiped another old server and reinstalled that one and they come up
fine. Initially they both showed up as foreign disks (in disk administrator)and that's as far as I could get. After formatting them on the other system I can get one to come up and it says Unknown but also Online. And it shows up as unallocated but I can't do anything else with it. The other disk just says Dynamic and foreign. If I try to import foreign disks it says "No Valid disk found on disk group."
If I try to revert to basic it says "Not ready or usable." The other drive only gives me the option to Write Signiture, which does nothing. The new weird thing is that this morning one of them was showing up if I just went into My Computer, but it still doesn't show up any different in Disk Administrator. Any ideas? Is there another program I could use to get these up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back