Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Get Sample Processing Extension to Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz7

MIS
Jul 15, 2002
US
Crystal Decisions has provided a fairly detailed how-to white paper on building processing extensions. Please see:

Anyhow, I've followed the directions exactly and keep getting an error message at view time saying:

Error on Processing Extension. Check whether processing extension exists at location: C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\WCS\ProcessExt\AdminOnly.dll. [On Cache/Page Server: MFNT20.pageserver]

The processing extension DOES it exist. It HAS been registered and it HAS been added to the report.

I don't know what else I have to do. Anyone out there have experience with this? I'm running CE 8.5 on Win2k Advanced Server with IBM HTTP Server for a Web server. I DO have the dll in c:\program files\crystal decisions\wcs\processext so I have no idea what CE is complaining about. I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you. Chuck

Hi Chaz7,

First step is to register the PE properly. If you have followed the document, I would assume that there is no problem in setting up, but I am writing them once again.

1.> Register with CE, by only providing the names with the extension.
2.> Make sure the file is physically located in the default path.
3.> If you have written PE in VC++, make sure it is compiled in Release mode and not Debug mode.
4.> Use the dependency walker to check if your DLL requires any additional DLL missing on your OS.

I hope this should solve the problem.

Thanks,

Vishal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back