Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of Proxyoverride setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2002
GB
I want my internet explorer clients to get their proxy settings from the .ins file on our intranet server. In the registry the autoconfigurl points to the right server.

If the client can read this file it will know that the proxyoverride setting should be 10.10.*.*.

However the proxyoverride setting is showing some old server names we used to use and is not updating. If I delete the settings in proxyoverride (through the registry) they come back on the next reboot.

I thought it may be getting these settings through group policy, but I've even tried disconnecting the network cable, but when I reboot they still come back. Has anyone any ideas where on the computer this registry key can be referring to, to read this setting.

Thanks

Hi, group policy (gpedit) aren't like system policies (poledit) i.e: they're not automatically refresh upon reboot (or login) so even if you disconnect the network cable, this won't have any effects on existing group policies (The changes made through ADSI won't take effect but that's not the cas here).

The registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings contains your browser configuration.

(proxyserver, proxyoverride,

Is your autoconfig is a pac file? (proxy autoconfig file .pac) Can you post the content of your .ins file** to see what's going on?

** Remove any private corporate information

The return of your old proxyoverride settings may come from there.

Hope this helps. Please let know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back