Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant get rid of OLD AD DC entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPrchal

Technical User
Sep 27, 2003
US
I have an entry of an old DC in AD Sites and services and as a selection in NTDSUTIL metadata cleanup. I have tried several times to remove the entry through NTDSUTIL and gives me the error 'DSremoveDSServerW eroor 0x20e3 (The DSA object could not be found)' I cannot remove it from sites and services...gives me the DSA object can not be deleted. And I have used the ADSIEdit to remove all traces of the computername and in the domain. Apparently someone did a bad promo before because when i was demoting it...it had two entries in sitesandservices and when i did the demote it got rid of the current DC entry..but the other one (same name)is still there. It has the name then a square character then what looks like its GUID next to it.

Any suggestions...

Thanks

Theresa

What server are you connecting to when you try to remove the Directory Service Agent (DSA)? Make sure to connect to a good DC and not the DC which you are trying to remove from the domain.

/Siddharth

Yes I am performing it from a good DC. Someone suggested changing the tombstone date for two days to see if it will purge out and change the date back.

Go to adsiedit.msc and remove the server from the "Domain Controllers" OU and this will remove the old DC entry

I have used ADSIEdit already and it is not listed in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back