Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of Internet Explorer Enhanced Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM64T

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2003
US
Ok, I've done a few hours worth of research on Google and can't find a way to get rid of Internet Explorer Enhanced Security on my Windows 2003 Terminal Server.

I tried the Add/Remove Windows Components, everything is unchecked (even tried checking it, rebooting, then unchecking it and rebooting). Rebooted the server however when I fire up Internet Explorer I still get the "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is enabled" page. Stupid thing just doesn't want to die!

I'm trying to get rid of this since users are unable to install Flash and Shockwave no matter what I try (IE blocks the cab file installation).

Any ideas on what to try I would appreciate, thanks!!

Have you uninstalled using "change user /install" and then switching back to install mode using "change user /execute"

Sorry thats not very clear

Switch a TermServer into install mode using the command "change user /install"

Then uninstall

Then switch TS back to execute mode using command "change user /execute"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back