Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of extra space in table, possible css problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacecodotnet

Programmer
May 17, 2004
US
I posted this one awhile ago, and somebody gave me an answer that looked good like it was right...but turned out to be wrong.

I am making a site for a local theatre. The design is currently located here:

See how there's two white lines going through the blue part, to the left of the navbar? That appeared there after I added the CSS dropdown menus to the navbar. I can't figure out how to get rid of it and my deadline is drawing ever closer...

Peace out,
Peace Co.

Took a quick look at it, and it would appear that the images you are using for the drop down menus have a height higher that the table row that they are in - thus expanding the cell on the left - causing the whitespace to appear.

My suggestion would be to try to either decrease the height of the Home/Shows/Classes/Photos/Contact images or to increase the height of the top navbar image.

Try:
Code:
img
	{ [COLOR=red]float: left;[/color]
	border: 0px;
	}
It looks okay in Firefox.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back