Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of extra space in table, possible css problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacecodotnet

Programmer
May 17, 2004
US
I've been working on a template for somebody, and I just added some CSS dropdown menus to the navbar. The problem is, there is now a space above and below the TR that the dropdowns are in. I've tried everything but I can't seem to get rid of it.

A CSS solution would be ideal, because my next step is to convert it all to CSS so it's XHTML compatible.

Thanks!

Peace out,
Peace Co.

Do you have a link we can look at to see the effect you are describing?

Suggest you put a <DOCTYPE> declaration at the top of your page. That might just do the trick. I know it sounds a bit mad... but post back and tell me how you go.

Jeff

I got rid of the space between the drop down menus and nav bars with this CSS change:
Code:
li ul
	{
	display: none;
	position: absolute;
	[COLOR=#ff0000]top:21px;[/color]
	left: 0;
	background-color: #83B7C7;
	width: 100px;
	}

li > ul
	{
	[COLOR=#ff0000]top: 21px;[/color]
	left: auto;
	}
1.9em worked for the top property too, but I was only able to test with Firefox, not IE, so you'd better check that fix out in a few other browsers as well.

Eventually, I recommend removing tables for positioning with CSS to give you more flexibility and browser compatibility.

No time to test this now, but it this looks promising. Thanks so much!

Peace out,
Peace Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back