Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get PRI D Channel Up!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonegeek2

Vendor
Jul 26, 2003
US
We have tried EVERYTHING including AVAYA TSO to no avail. Qwest PRI out of a DMS100, Qwest verified circuit is working to thier Agilent Advisor. We cannot get D channel up? Any suggestions here?

G3csi R7

Did u replace the DS1 boards ?

Robonix.......

Swapped DS1 boards, CSU's, even tried to set up back to back PRI circuits in switch but can't get D channels to come up?

Bit Rate: 1.544 Line Coding: b8zs
Line Compensation: 1 Framing Mode: esf
Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
Connect: network
CentreVu Long Timers? n Country Protocol: 1
Interworking Message: PROGress Protocol Version: c
Interface Companding: mulaw CRC? n
Idle Code: 11111111
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: 3.1kHz

Slip Detection? y Near-end CSU Type: other

This is the configuration of my primary d signaling Ds1 board. I also get this from a DMS100-200. Check this and see if anything is differant. I ran into a problem a while back that I had to do a reset system 4 to get my D signaling to come back up. As a last resort, you want to try that.

Mikey

Have you tried changing your Protocol? I thought DMS100 used "B". We just added PRI to our site and when I changed the protocol it signaling channel popped right up.
Here is something else to try. You're saying that Qwest is saying the circuit is up. How far have you gone with your testing? I always go to the last connection, which should be the smart jack, and put a loop back to the Definity. When that is in place I issue the command "test board 1d20 long. If you have given the systen a minute to settle down all the test should pass. All this means is your stuff is good. When the board test good I move the loop back plug to the service providers smart jack. There should be a led showing the device is now in loopback. Talk to your provider and make certain they can see your loopback. My experience is they have no idea how far out their circuit goes.

BHanson

If you can't get ISDN back to back working the problem is most likely in the CSI or cabling.

Have you activated the packet interface in the system-parameters maintenance? If you currently have other ISDN trunks working it should be ok, otherwise it may be the problem. If you believe it is set correctly, do a "test packet long" to see if there are any errors. Also check your loopback plug, as you should definately be able to get signalling up with back to back, no matter what protocol or version (well not sure about CAS, but most of 'em anyway).

Cheers,
Nico

How can quest say the circuit is up if you have no D channel
They should also see the D channel as down, Unless the smart jack is looped back. In which case they should be able to reset the smart jack or have a tech come out with a tbird and see whats happening at the smartjack.

Like I stated earlier it maybe as simple as finding the correct protocol and changing translation on the DS1 parameters. Also making certain your portion is good. Then you can go to the service provider and tell them they have a problem.

also on the sig group set up.

It asks about assoicated signaling. if your d-channel is one of two and you have this y, you will not beable to get the d-channel up.

Likewise if it s a single d channel and you have it set to N, the D-channel will not come up.

If you have your end configured correctly verify the LEC has there end right.

Ran it to this once, and had to figure it out the hardway.

RTMCKEE

Hey all...we got it working!!! It turns out that the "Replacement" processor that Avaya put into the switch was bad! Everything except the PRI was working but we supect that the Packet Bus in the processor was bad. We replaced the processor today & voila! It's amazing that everything else was working?

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back