Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get PCAnywhere to connect over Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgchance

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2003
US
I can't get Pcanywhere 10.5 to connect to my office computer which is using Bellsouth Wirespeed DSL Modem and a D-link DI-713P Router. The host computer is W2k Pro and the work network is a Peer-to-Peer Network. I've forwarded all kinds of ports to the host, computer is using PCA 10.5 also and still can connect in to Host from internet. It works fine in the office but not over the internet. Any suggestions?

Benjamin Chance

ok so the Host is a computer at your workplace and the remote is a computer could say at your home?
If thats so you have to open acces to your workplace in your firewall / router so any request to for example pcanywhere.exe goes to port 5631/5632 and ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The difference between the office and over the internet is that in the office you are using local ip address even so you dont need to put the ip address just the computer name and thats it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back