Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get my to computers to see each other!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub

Programmer
Nov 26, 1999
US
I have all the protocals set..the workgroup is the same..no hardware conflicts..updated drivers loaded. I have one running 95 the other running 98. Why can't I get them to see each other?

Hello,<br>There could be number of reasons to not able to browse other computers in a network. Try out these..<br>&gt; Verify u have network card properly installed with right drivers<br>&gt; Verify u have network connection properly done...<br>&gt; Verify u have enabled client for microsoft network or novell network depending on your NOS type.<br><br>

Other things you can check:<br><br>If using a Hub, are you using the correct cable for your type of Network (Ethernet vs TR)? I recommend nothing less than CAT5.<br><br>Do you have the pin-outs correct, if they were made by you, or did you get the correct ones at the store.<br><br>Were they part of a kit?

Make sure you have printer and file sharing turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back