Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't get music-on-hold to work for inbound routes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
hi everybody: i'm trying to get music-on-hold to work, and it doesn't seem to be cooperating very well. there's one song that didn't upload to the UCx correctly, and when I try to delete it, it gives me a weird page that says, "you're trying to use an invalid character. please don't." can I delete this file manually?

I have several other songs in the group "default". if we put someone on hold, the music comes on. however, when someone makes a selection from an ivr, they hear ringing and not music. all of the inbound routes are set to "Default" for music-on-hold. am I missing something?

thanks for the help.

the options for the inbound route give the possibility to have music-on-hold. i'm assuming that this would be during transfers, but maybe i'm wrong. don't know if this has any bearing, but the default music-on-hold group is called "default", but the option in the inbound route denotes "Default" with a capitol "D". so i'm not sure if that makes any difference or not.

I did do some more reading on this, and indeed, the Music on Hold is used only when someone is put on hold. I know the Avaya Partner systems gave you the option to play music as the system was transferring callers to extensions, and I'm pretty sure the Norstar systems allowed for the same thing. Might be a nice option in future updates of the UCx!

When you're transferring a caller to another extension using an attended transfer, the call is put on hold. That means the caller hears the music on hold during that time. If you transfer a caller to a ring group, the caller would hear ringing by default - but you can change this default in the ring group configuration to use MOH instead. The same applies to transfers to queues - the queue configuration defines if and when the caller hears music or ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back