Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get into web page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomm1948

MIS
Aug 30, 2002
US
I can't get into on my computer anymore. I know it is still active because I can get to it from any other computer. My security settings are set to medium and I'm not running a firewall. I can still get into which is run by the same people. Has anyone ever run into this problem or maybe know a solution?

If this problem ever happens to you, here's how to fix it. In the Windows folder there is a file called "hosts" with no extension. Open it with notepad or word and you will see a list of IP addresses with their corresponding web page opposite them. Find the address of the web page you are having trouble with and delete it along with it's IP address. The web page will now load.

What is the function of this file? Mine has no listings, other than one example and "localhost".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back