Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get IE to reload properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMoonster

Programmer
Aug 11, 2005
BR
Hello guys,

I'm having a problem in reloading pages that only happens in IE.
On my page, I have:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> window.open("/System/pages/pedido/barraPedido.jsp","downFrame");
</script>

On the first time, it works fine. But then the user clicks a link that executes a script, changes data and reloads to the SAME page. The data changed would make difference on the displayed content on the page loaded on the downFrame (with the script above). The thing is... when the page is reloaded, apparently it does not reopen the page in the downFrame, 'cause it makes no difference at all. When i click the frame with the right button and go to Reload, it works.
And it's working fine on Firefox, Konqueror and Mozilla.
What should I do to make it work on IErgh? How can I force my browser to really reload?

thanks

I don't believe IE will reload the page with the window.open command. If the window is already there (open), I think it just brings it into focus.

Try:

Code:
window.open("about:blank","downFrame");
window.open("/System/pages/pedido/barraPedido.jsp","downFrame");

There's probably a better way than this, but...

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience! [infinity]

Dan's right. Please post this question in the JavaScript forum. I have another answer to try, but it won't help future posters with this same question if it's hiding on this forum.

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience! [infinity]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back